Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Stoner Signal

John Lennon once said "all you need is love".  Personally, I reckon all you need is weed - and rolling papers - and a lighter - and roach!

There's a dude in my office that has been there for probably over a year - could be longer.  I've never really bothered with him before because quite frankly I always thought he was a weird mother fucker!

I went to Amsterdam a few weeks ago and prior to that, not many people knew that I smoked weed like fuck.  It''s not that I kept it a secret, it was more that I just didn't talk about it.  However from the day I booked the Amsterdam trip, it was pretty much all I fucking talked about!  So now pretty much everyone I know is aware of the fact that I'm a stoner - a fucking intelligent, responsible stoner.  There's a difference.

The bottom line is that I don't give a fuck who knows.  Well, that's not entirely true - there are exceptions to this. Most obvious exception is my parents.  I'm fucking thirty years old, but I still don't want my folks to know about it - although, I don't think they're completely naive.  Obviously they knew I was in Amsterdam and I showed
my dad a picture of me blazing on the most excellent Volcano vaporiser.  It was a surreal conversation explaining how it worked!

Another exception is my kid.  I'm a parent and it's not cool to have that shit spill into the world of parenting - anything associated with this also falls under the exceptions - school teachers etc are a no no.

Other than that, I don't give a fuck.  I guess that statement is pretty redundant though seeing as I quite clearly give a fuck!

After returning from Amsterdam, I was talking to a group of work buddies about how fucking amazing it was.  This weird guy I mentioned earlier was also there.  I realised that my conversation was actually doing two things - the first was obviously telling the story about my trip, but the second, less obvious thing was that I was basically putting out the stoner equivalent of the bat signal!  The weird guy turns out to be a stoner.  He is elite. The thing is, there's nothing different about the guy; he's still a bit of a weird fucking cat, but being a stoner gives you a few bonus cool points!  We have a common bond though - we both fucking love weed and now we regularly exchange
stoner stories.  Also, where there is a stoner, there is a dealer - always good to know there's another possible guy to try when all else fails in the pursuit of green!


A week or so ago, I was enjoying a joint in my back garden.  I was being discrete as I didn't want to make it too obvious that I was puffin' the herb. I heard my neighbour open her back door so I stood just inside the door! After having waited for a few minutes I decided that the coast was clear! I took a big toke on my joint and stuck my
head out the door.  To my horror, she was still standing in her garden - looking at me! I was holding in a lungful of smoke as she said hello! I muttered a hello whilst my head was engulfed in the smoke I'd ust exhaled!

"I didn't know you smoked?!" she says

"Um, just now and again..."

Turns out though, she's a stoner as well!

Let's face it, everyone's a fucking stoner!

Now let's get fucking baked!





No comments:

Post a Comment