Monday 28 March 2011

My Weekend



Friday

I had a hectic weekend this week. Monday to friday I work in an office for a small company, mainly doing Autocad stuff. Midweek a friend phoned me to ask if I'd come and work in a local bar at the weekends. I had helped out at this bar last year & know a lot of the regulars.
Needing the cash, I agreed. Upon arrival at the bar I was informed by the management that I'd be in charge. Cool you might think but sadly no! This meant I was running the bar & training 2 new guys the whole night. It was the first night open since last year & the place was a tip. As you would expect the place was packed & it was a bit of a farce, but we got through it. Seeing drunk people just reinforces my belief that weed should be legalised. When have anyone ever got stoned & wanted to fight? I could not wait to get home to blaze! I got home at 01:30, smoked a joint then went to bed at 02:00 for the next day I was going to the Scottish tattoo convention!!



Saturday

Up at 07:00 to make my way to Edinburgh with 2 mates for the tattoo convention. I had never been before but being a tattoo enthusiast I kinda knew what to expect. I don't consider myself heavily tattooed (I have around 10) But I intend to get there!! The crowds were great! Every type of tattoos were being sported. Massive colour pieces & black & grey. There was a room with 3 artists doing traditional hand tapped/poked tattoos. No machines! Unfortunately Grimble couldn't be there because of prior commitments. He would've loved it (He has a goth chick fetish ha ha!). I have a rule that I have imposed on myself tattoo-wise, nothing on my hands, face or neck until I have enough cash that I never need to work again. What really pisses me off is when kids get their very first tattoo and it's their last name across their neck. How are they supposed to get a job looking like that? I love tattoos but I know there are people out there who take one look at them & think THUG or LOSER.
It's the same with weed, if you come right out & say you smoke weed some people automatically think you're some kind of bum or worse a junkie! Hence the anonymity of the page. As it was my first convention I decided not to pre-book any sessions before I go & just enjoy having a look around (plus I'm a bit strapped for cash). I wasn't disappointed, I had a great day with some cool people. I got home around dinner time after having a few beers in Edinburgh then a few in Glasgow. I normally don't like to drink too much then smoke as I think it ruins the stone but I shook the booze off and blasted a few bangers after dinner with the wife. We then watched The fighter with Mark Wahlberg & Christian Bale. It was a pretty good film. It was almost like reality TV. It was brutally honest about family, boxing & drug use.

Sunday

The fucking clocks go forward!! I feel robbed of an hour in my bed! I'm writing this at work after almost falling asleep at my desk Sunday was a lazy day, visited my nieces & nephew then went shopping for a bit. Came back home at watched a bit of the Scotland Vs Brazil game. I'm not really into football (soccer) so I didn't  really mind that they lost. After dinner got baked & watched the Ricky Gervais show, 30 Rock & The Office (Michael Scott's leaving will be hard in us all.)




Anyway, that was my weekend.

Keep Blazin'









No comments:

Post a Comment